The Round-the-World Trip
Our plan (subject to change) is to book a One World Explorer round-the-world ticket that will cover the bulk of our international travels. For various reasons, we intend to buy the ticket in Canada, but start the trip in Ecuador. Because the One World alliance does not cover Africa particularly well, we'll be making our own way on that continent.
Unlike the North American Road Trip, our round-the-world map will update as we progress. Our reasons for purchasing the One World Explorer ticket, and our experience with it, will be chronicled in the Tickets posts.
If all goes to plan, the international trip should go as follows:
- We fly from Houston to Quito, Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands.
- Lima, Peru and Machu Picchu
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- A short stay in Sydney, Australia, followed by a few weeks in Queenstown, New Zealand, and then back to Sydney and (with any luck) diving in the Great Barrier Reef
- Jakarta, Indonesia
- Phnomh Penh, Cambodia and Angkor Wat
- Ho Chi Minh City or Saigon, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, China (although as we have both visited Hong Kong before, we may skip this)
- Bangkok and Mae Sot, Thailand
- Delhi/ Mumbai and Hyderabad, India
- London, UK
- Cairo, Egypt
- Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Capetown, South Africa
- Marrakesh, Morocco
- Gibraltar, The Alhambra, Toledo and Madrid
Then back to Quito, or home (wherever that will be by the end of the trip).
Suggestions from our readers as to places to travel are always welcome.
TrackBack URL: http://www.devilmaycare.us/cgi-user/mt5/mt-tb.cgi/30